Monday, July 20, 2009

July 2009

Ok, ok I know I haven't been very good at keeping up on this. Now that I am immobile, I may be able to keep up on it a little better. I have a lot to catch everyone up on.

I (Christy) had reconstructive surgery on my right foot on July 2. I will be in a non-weight bearing cast for three months!! How can a busy mom survive without being able to drive?! They put screws in my foot, lengthened a bone, took a bone out, reattached ligaments, and lengthened my achilles tendon. Can you say ouch! I even have a pin sticking out of my foot right now! I almost passed out when I saw it Thursday as they changed my cast and took the stitches out.

Chris has been VERY helpful taking on extra responsibility to make our house function. He is realizing just how much I do around here :) as he crashes every night into bed, grateful another day is over.

This month we also added two new members to our family. We got two new puppies. Leilani is a shipoo (shitzu poodle mix) and Tank is a Min Pin. They have been keeping the kids occupied since mom can't entertain them very much this summer. They are a lot of fun and the kids are excited to finally have dogs.

Earlier this week, my real estate partner thought she would help me out by taking my kids for a couple of days. I was so excited. What mom wouldn't be excited to have a break for a couple of days...right? Well as my first day alone started, I soon realized...what was I thinking? I couldn't take the dogs out, I had a hard time getting around, and after making myself lunch I stood there at the counter thinking ok so how am I going to get this plate to the table with me using crutches. It made me thankful of just how much my kids do for ME. I couldn't wait for them to get home!

No comments: